SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR THE
FIFTEENTH ANNUAL DOGFISH HEAD POETRY PRIZE OPENS MAY 15, 2017!
- The fifteenth annual Dogfish Head Poetry Prize for the winning book-length manuscript by a poet residing in the Mid-Atlantic states (DE, MD, VA, PA, NJ, NY, WVA, NC and District of Columbia) will consist of $500, two cases of Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Beer*, manuscript publication by Broadkill River Press, and 10 copies of the book (in lieu of royalties).
- The rules are: Manuscripts must be received by midnight, August 15, 2017. Manuscripts received after the closing date will not be considered. Eligible poets must reside in the above listed states and be twenty-one years of age by the date of the award.* The manuscript is to be submitted electronically in one MS Word document attachment. Please do not include illustrations, photographs, or use an unusual font. Send to prize coordinator Linda Blaskey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Snail mail submissions will not be accepted.
- Send two title pages with each submission: the first with the title of the manuscript, author’s name, address, phone numbers and e-mail address; the second with just the manuscript title. No manuscript is to have any author-identifying information other than the one title page and will be rejected if it does. Judging is blind and double-tiered. The manuscript must be book-length (between 48 and 78 pages of original work – no translations). A poem may be more than one page. One submission per entrant. There is no entry fee.
- The award will be presented to the winner on Saturday evening, December 9, 2017 at the Dogfish Inn in Lewes, Delaware. The winner must agree to attend this event and to read from their winning book at a reception honoring the winner. The prize will be officially awarded by Sam Calagione, Founder and CEO of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Distillery, or by another company official.
- The author of the winning manuscript also agrees to provide, within ten days of notification, a color head-shot photograph, with photographer’s credit, for the back cover and a dedication page for the interior of the book. Also, an acknowledgement page of poems previously published, and in which publications and/or websites they appeared will need to be provided. The winner agrees to travel to Delaware at the winner’s expense for awarding of the prize. Dogfish Head will provide the winner two nights lodging at the Dogfish Inn in the beach resort town of Lewes, Delaware.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales retains the right to use any of the winning work in promotional materials.
- Co-workers of Dogfish Head and their families are ineligible to enter. Previous winners of the prize are ineligible to enter.
- For questions and more information contact Linda Blaskey, Prize coordinator, at email@example.com
- or at firstname.lastname@example.org